JonTron just linked this image as an example of how men are stereotyped and exploited in video games I’m literally laughing out loud holy shit
for anyone who still doesn’t get it notice the background please
Fun fact: topless slave girls are COLLECTIBLES in this game.
See, the problem is that the guys objectification is empowering. You’re empowered because you’re taking advantage of the other objectified people.
Also, can my followers who like guys please comment on whether or not they find this guy sexually attractive?
nah, too much muscle. Muscle is hard… I want something soft to rest my head on! :P the only guy that i’ve ever been attracted to who has looked like this is Jason Momoa.
I personally like muscles. I adore them. They fascinate me.
But this Conan doesn’t look sexually attractive. He looks like he’s gonna kill me - he’s intimidating and forceful. I’d better stay away from him.
If he looked like this
I’d say “Well, hello sexy.”
Objectification and sexualization don’t really depend on character’s looks, even if they use it to objectificate and sexualize. They depend on character’s purpose and agency.
A girl character can run around with her titties exposed but still could be not sexualized.
Just my 2 cents
ALL OF THIS.
Looks like it’s time for cynixy's guide to video game false equivalence again!
They can leap 36 feet
As in leap forward 36 feet
They don’t jump 36 feet into the fucking sky do you know how terrifying that would be the human race wouldn’t have survived because we’d have all had heart attacks while still in Africa
still one of my favorite posts on tumblr
Women have an unfair advantage in business because they can get to the top in much fewer steps. An MRA cartoon.
- credit to Poopy Palpy
Within the last two months, Eric Garner, 43, unarmed, was killed on July 17 by NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo who placed him in an illegal chokehold while questioning him for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes; John Crawford, 22, unarmed, was shot and killed on August 5 by two Ohio police officers, David Darkow and Sean Williams, in Walmart after he was spotted holding a toy rifle; 18-year-old Mike Brown, unarmed, was gunned down by Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson while walking with a friend in his neighborhood; and Ezell Ford, 24, who was also unarmed, was shot and killed by unnamed officers in the LAPD on August 12.
In the wake of these tragic events and renewed intense conversations surrounding police brutality against Black men, a video of police in Boynton Beach, Florida threatening to “put a round” through four Black men during a routine traffic stop has emerged and begun making the rounds on social media.
One of the occupants in the video records the interaction, even after the officer tells him to stop, to which he responds:
No, I have rights. I’m not intimidated. I have rights.
Sir, I’m recording your ass. What the f*ck you going to do?
B**ch, you’re on camera. What the f*cks wrong with you. Stupid ass cracker.
The driver of the car repeatedly asks the officer who stopped them for his badge number. The officer provides his name, but not the number, prompting the driver to attempt to take a picture of his badge. The officer slaps the phone out of his hand, pulls him from the car and places him face down on the ground.
That’s when another officer, presumably his partner or back-up rushes to the window, gun drawn, and says:
“I’ll put a round in your ass so quick,” with his weapon threw the window pointed directly at the men.
(Watch the Video Here) (Photo Credit: AmericaWakieWakie)
I’m mad at all of you for not telling me about the most attractive person on Earth
BASK IN THE GLORY OF THIS FABULOUS CAKE BAKING LESBIAN
BASK IN HER AWESOME
ACCEPT HER AS YOUR GOD <3
We are all in lesbians with Sue Perkins.
2) If you critiqued a fan favourite and did not enjoy the game, commenters will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
3) If you critiqued a game and you previously critiqued a fan favourite unfavourably the fans of the previous game will appear to tell you your critique is meaningless and will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
4) If you critiqued something that is not a fan favourite and really enjoyed the game, commenters will accuse you of being paid off for your opinion and will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
5) If you are a woman and you have written about topics in the game pertaining particularly to matters concerning your gender’s outlook or socialisation commenters will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
6) If you wrote a piece of New Games Journalism, describing your playthrough as more of a travelogue or personal journey as analysis of the game, commenters will type ‘BUT IS IT ANY GOOD THOUGH’ or ‘BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME’ and then try to persuade you to kill yourself.
Happily, commenters are usually not very good writers, and so largely are very unpersuasive in getting you to kill yourself.